Welcome to Angelfishy's blog!

there are quite a few blogs out there worthier than mine, simply because they are a bit more consistent in their posting frequency. but you'll see that I have a few things to be proud of, dabbling in quilting, and other needle arts.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

baby quilt from last summer

I found the pictures that my husband's cousin emailed back in February 2010--the quilt was made in spring 2009 for DH's cousin's new baby.

 
This was the first time that I used fabrics all from one line.  Red Rooster's Paisley Party caught my eye when s-i-l and I went to the Minnesota Quilt Show in Duluth.  I first found fat quarters at a shop on the way up (potty stop), and then found more at the show.  I love the colors so much; they remind me of yummy colorful candies.  It's good that I didn't see the other fabrics in the line, because the Paisley part of the Party is just as fun!


 
I used fabric markers to color in this label.  It's from "Make Your Own Quilt Labels!" Volume 4, by Kim Churbuck, whom I got to meet at the quilt show.  She has a bunch of these little books of inspiration for quilt labels--I soooo wished that I had thought of the concept first.  I also wish I'd have seen her booth in the first few hours, not the last 10 min., as I was pretty low on $$ by then, but had enough to buy one of her books.  Thank you Kim, for sharing your talent with all of us!  I will buy more next time I get to a quilt show...

No comments:

Post a Comment