Welcome to Angelfishy's blog!

there are quite a few blogs out there worthier than mine, simply because they are a bit more consistent in their posting frequency. but you'll see that I have a few things to be proud of, dabbling in quilting, and other needle arts.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Quilt for my Grandma







Here is a quilt that I made for my Grandma Gwenny, who just turned 87. She has been living in a nursing home/assisted care facility since June. She's not too happy about it, so I had the big idea to make her a quilt, something that might help her know that I think about her every day. It was meant to be more scrappy, but it turned out all right. It had to be an appropriate size, about a lap/throw size, for a few reasons: first, Grandma's not very big in stature; second, it needed to be a quilt that wasn't too big for the bed; third, it needs to be machine-wash size, so that her caregivers can easily clean it, just in case of spills and other senior moments.

The label is from "Make Your Own Quilt Labels!", by Kim Churbuck.  I love her art!

No comments:

Post a Comment