Welcome to Angelfishy's blog!

there are quite a few blogs out there worthier than mine, simply because they are a bit more consistent in their posting frequency. but you'll see that I have a few things to be proud of, dabbling in quilting, and other needle arts.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Handmade sewing caddies/needle folders for friends' winter birthdays

January of 2012 I was busy making gifts for friends.  My birthday is December 24, my s-i-l on January 22, our three friends in February.  We get together to quilt when we can, though I have been on hiatus at times while working on grad school.


I let them decide who got which one, but it ended up being pretty much what I predicted, which friend would pick which one.


Inside pages are made of wool felt, to hold those needles and pins; pockets of coordinating/contrasting hand-dyed fabrics keep smaller scissors, and other essentials.


One of my favorite fabrics, Bolero, I think it's called.



These batik pinwheels came from a UFO tablerunner I got at a quilt store "garage sale" for $2.  I unsewed, then resewed into these:


The Asian print has some shiny gold in it.  I love it.  The red and gold on the bottom of this pic is the one I wanted, and the one that was left for me.  The two blocks came from a local church garage sale.


Now I have to think of a gift for my four friends for this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment