Welcome to Angelfishy's blog!

there are quite a few blogs out there worthier than mine, simply because they are a bit more consistent in their posting frequency. but you'll see that I have a few things to be proud of, dabbling in quilting, and other needle arts.

Monday, August 9, 2010

baby quilt for Caelin


I made this quilt for a friend from church and Girl Scouts. It is a scrappy quilt--I did not buy anything new for it, including the batting, which was pieced together from fairly large scraps.

The label is an experiment, as I have never done any embroidery before but would like to start!  The embroidery is free form, my first attempt at some stitches.  Bird was appliqued first and embroidery worked after.  The bird is done broderie perse, I believe it is called, where you cut out an image printed on fabric, and applique it.  It's from a fat quarter a friend bought for me a long time ago, probably 10+ years.  I have never figured out what to do with it, but here's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment